ONGOING On-Demand Webinar
Wrapping your brain around Circular intersections. Why are so many being built, what are the challenges for the user who is blind or visually impaired, how do we teach them, and most importantly, what is the O&M’s role in ensuring accessibility for blind or visually impaired users?
Participants will be able to:
- Differentiate the key characteristics of 5 circular intersections including rotary, traffic circle, traffic calming, mini roundabout, single/multi-lane roundabout
- Define the challenges for the blind user at circular intersections
- Define current O&M instructional strategies for circular intersections
- Define current crossing strategies for blind and visually impaired users at circular intersections
- Describe advocacy strategies for improving blind user access
Presenter: Edgar Vargas
Optional 1 ACVREP Credit is provided at no charge for current CAOMS members, and at $15 for non-CAOMS members.
Step 1: Download Webinar Recording
N-CAOMS membership is $30 annually and is open to professionals across the nation. To learn more about N-CAOMS Membership:
- Visit the N-CAOMS Membership Page or www.caoms.org
- View the N-CAOMS Membership Google Form for details
- Email the N-CAOMS Membership Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org